Panchang is the astrological daily calendar based on the Indian calendar. Daily panchang is one of the most popular reference manual for astrologers and people of the hindu community who rely on a day's planetary position to determine auspicious timing, festivals, vrats etc...
Today's Panchang • आज का पंचांग
Hindu panchang December 28, 2022, Wednesday - Pausa Sukla Paksha Shashthi, Rakshasa samvatsar Vikram samvat 2079, Shaka samvat Subhakrit 1944, Pausa. Today is Shasti. Location Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh, India
Panchang today at a glance - Tithi Shashthi upto 08:44 PM then Saptami. Nakshatra Shatabhisha upto 12:46 PM then Purva Bhadrapada. Yoga Siddhi upto 02:20 PM followed by Vyatipata. Karana Kaulava upto 09:44 AM, then Taitila upto 08:44 PM, then Garija. Today rahukaal is from 12:28 PM to 01:47 PM. Moon is in Kumbha before entering Meena rashi at 05:55 AM.
- Vikram Samvat - 2079, Rakshasa
- Shaka Samvat - 1944, Shubhakrit
- Purnimanta - Pausa
- Amanta Month - Pausa
- Sukla Paksha Shashthi - Dec 27 10:53 PM – Dec 28 08:44 PM
- Sukla Paksha Saptami - Dec 28 08:44 PM – Dec 29 07:17 PM
- Shatabhisha - Dec 27 02:27 PM – Dec 28 12:46 PM
- Purva Bhadrapada - Dec 28 12:46 PM – Dec 29 11:44 AM
- Kaulava - Dec 27 10:53 PM – Dec 28 09:44 AM
- Taitila - Dec 28 09:44 AM – Dec 28 08:44 PM
- Garija - Dec 28 08:44 PM – Dec 29 07:55 AM
- Siddhi - Dec 27 05:27 PM – Dec 28 02:20 PM
- Vyatipata - Dec 28 02:20 PM – Dec 29 11:46 AM
- Budhwar (Wednesday)
- Sunrise - 7:10 AM
- Sunset - 5:45 PM
- Moonrise - Dec 28 11:24 AM
- Moonset - Dec 28 11:15 PM
- Rahu - 12:28 PM – 1:47 PM
- Yamaganda - 8:30 AM – 9:49 AM
- Gulika - 11:08 AM – 12:28 PM
- Dur Muhurat - 12:07 PM – 12:49 PM
- Varjyam - 06:53 PM – 08:25 PM
- Abhijit Muhurat - Nil
- Amrit Kaal - 04:04 AM – 05:36 AM
- Brahma Muhurat - 05:34 AM – 06:22 AM
- Manasa Upto - 12:46 PM
- Sun in Dhanu (Sagittarius)
- Moon travels through Kumbha rashi upto December 29, 05:55 AM before entering Meena rashi
- Amanta - Pausa
- Purnimanta - Pausa
- Saka Year (National Calendar) - Pausa 7, 1944
- Vedic Ritu - Hemant (Prewinter)
- Drik Ritu - Shishir (Winter)
- 1. Punarvasu Last 1 padam, Pushya , Ashlesha
Choose a Date to Find Panchang
Get Hindu Panchang for USA, UK, India, Canada or any country/city. Enter date and city name and click submit button.
Upcoming Hindu Festivals & Vrat/Upavas Days
Hindu festivals and important vrats / upavas coming up during the next 30 days is given below.
What is Panchang? What is its importance?
Panchang or Panchangam is a daily hindu calendar which is based on the position of celestial bodies. Panchang presents important astrological data in a tabulated form and provides valuble information to astrologers and anyone practicing astrology. Panchang plays an important role in choosing the right day and time, ie., shubh muhurat for performing rituals in a traditional Hindu society.
Panchang is a sanskrit word meaning Five Limbs. These five limbs represent five sources of energy, both visible and invisible, as denoted by these segments in a day. Location, Time Zone, Time and Date etc... are very important in determining the accurate panchang for a particular day. Panchangam refers to the five attributes of the day - Tithi (lunar day), Yoga (luni-solar day), Vara (week day), Nakshatra (constellation), and Karana (half of a lunar day). The most appropriate time which ensures proper balance of the five attributes is known as Muhurtham or Muhurat. A Panchangam is used by astrologers to determine auspicious timings for various social and religious events.
Panchang may be different for two different places even for the same time. 2022 Panchang USA is different from Panchang UK even though the same time and date is selected. Even places within US may have different Panchang for the same time.